Development collaboration workflow
To support our dedication to the future of Koha, most funds raised by koha-US are applied to the development of the software. Members are in control when it comes to choosing and managing developments funded by koha-US.The call for proposals is open at all times.
- To propose a development the following must be submitted:
- Description of the function
- Number of the Bug in bugzilla
- Quote for the work OR enough information to complete an RFP
- The development committee will vet the proposal
- Consider things like: Broad appeal, type of libraries that would benefit, etc.
- Submit an RFP if no quote is given and negotiate a price.
- Determine the maximum % Koha-US would fund.
- The proposal will go before the membership.
- Vote yes/no
- If yes, pledge amount to support the proposal ($0-$100,000)
- If development is funded through the voting process, then we move to step 5 otherwise the development is added to the Koha-US dashboard to generate more financial support.
- Donation threshold for adding other “sponsored by” lines is 25% OR $1,000 depending on the development
- For donations less than 25% OR $1,000, Koha-US will invoice the pledging libraries at the time the contract is signed.
- Once the proposal is fully funded, the proposal will be submitted to the developer with the winning bid for creation of a contract. The contract will be signed by a member of the Koha-US Board. The contract needs to include a clause that states 50% of the funding will be paid up front and 50% will be paid at completion of the development.
- If a development is completed before we are able to fund it, any money raised will be allocated for specifically funding other developments (and not other budget items.)
- An ad hoc committee which includes the proposal submitter and members of the development committee will form and follow the development through
- Finalizing the spec
- Monitoring the development and answering questions
- Testing and signing off
- When the development is pushed to master, the Koha-US membership will be notified.
Updated by a vote of the membership on 1/5/2021.
There are currently no completed developments.